2016/2017 Winter Storage (11/1/2016 – 04/01/2017)
NO PRICE CHANGE FROM 2015 WINTER SEASON
Outside storage: $275 Minimum, additional $6/ft for each foot over 25ft.
Inside storage: $20.00 per ft., $300 Minimum*
*Winter storage rates are based on the over all length of the boat/motor/trailer package.
The 2016 winter seasons starts November 1, 2016 and runs through April 1, 2017. We have both inside and outside storage available for your boat or travel trailer.
BEFORE we put your unit inside for the winter season, you must let us know if you need easy access or if you have any hint of removing your unit early from storage over the winter season. If you plan on having work done to your boat over the winter, again, let us know BEFORE we put your boat inside. Knowing your plans helps us locate your boat for easy access and minimal disturbance of other boats.
We offer shrink wrapping. If you do not plan on using your boat shortly after the end of the Winter Season you may want to consider having your boat shrink wrapped. This allows additional protection for the several weeks (or months) your boat is stored outside prior to your first launch.
The boat and all items like life jackets and throw cushions must be dry prior to putting the shrink wrap on. Additional costs may be incurred if we must take care of this. The shrink wrapping costs does not include spraying the boat down with a mildew blocker and hanging mildew stopper bags. We will hang the appropriate amount of mildew stopper bags and add this to the invoice. The shrink wrap is sufficiently vented to allow for air circulation and tented for proper support and rain and snow run off.
The Current rates are (Subject to Change)
$11.50/per foot for boats having a beam less than 8ft
$13.50/per foot for boats with an 8ft and over beam and high sided boats like pontoon boats, deck boats, cabin cruisers, boats and sailboats requiring extended side coverage
Exceptions: boats with t-tops, pontoons with stationary hard tops will be billed as time and material.
Boats being stored for the winter are measured as a total boat/motor and trailer unit length. For example: Mark has an 18′ runabout with a 7ft. beam on a trailer. The overall length of the unit from the trailer coupler to the end of the outdrive is 21′. Inside storage will cost him $420.00 for the winter season. Outside storage for the winter season will cost Mark $275.00 (minimum rate). To shrink wrap his boat will cost $207.00 plus PA Sales Tax.
If your boat-trailer package width is over 8 ft. an additional charge will be assessed to accommodate the width. Please contact us to discuss this condition.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a 4 week grace period April 2 – April 29. We assess storage fees after April 29 at the going summer storage rate until the unit is moved off the property. If you know you cannot move your unit by April 29, let us know BEFORE your unit goes into winter storage. This way we can strategically locate your unit so it does not cause us disruption when we must start setting the marina up for the summer season.
Boat Space Rental Agreement Conditions
- Landlord will retain the right to designate storage space. Every effort will be made to assign Tenant the storage space of his/her choice; however, the rights of other Tenants and the Landlord’s business judgement will also be relevant factors in the assignment of storage space.
- Landlord may refuse to rent space to any person for any reason allowed by law.
- All boat space rent will be payable at the start of each season unless other terms are agreed to by Landlord.
- Tenant agrees not to sell, transfer, assign or permit the use of his/her assigned space without the express written consent of the Landlord.
- If Tenant desires to store a boat other than the craft referenced on the reverse side of this Agreement he or she must obtain the permission of Landlord and pay any additional charges.
- Only those persons specified on the reverse side of this Agreement will be permitted to operate the boat in the marina. Landlord will not be held liable should someone other than those listed on the Agreement operate the craft without the Tenant’s permission.
- Tenant agrees not to hold Landlord liable for any loss caused by any delay in launching, winter storage, transporting or commissioning caused by weather or any other event beyond the control of Landlord.
- Landlord does not guarantee that electrical service will be continuous. Tenant will not use the marina’s electrical outlets to operate power tools, equipment, machinery, etc. unless permission has been given by Landlord.
- Uses of any open flame device, toxic chemicals or any other hazardous equipment or supplies in the docking area are prohibited.
- Tenant will use the docks and attached facilities for reasonable and typical boating activities. Tenant will keep the dock area clear of all gear, tackle, and other obstructions. Tenant agrees not to dispose of waste or trash (including treated or untreated sewage from heads or holding tanks) in the harbor or docking area. Tenant will not cause damage to the docking facility through excessive wear and tear, create any unnecessary disturbance or nuisance, or store rubbish on the docking facility.
- Tenant may work on his/her boat in the marina as long as such work does not interfere with the rights of other Tenants or the operation of the marina. If Tenant wishes to have someone other than himself or an employee of Landlord work on his boat on the marina property, prior written approval must be obtained from Landlord. Such approval will be granted only if Landlord’s service department cannot perform the required repairs to the boat and /or the outside serviceman can deliver to Landlord evidence of a standard certificate of workmen’s compensation and liability insurance coverage.
- No person, without the express written consent of the Landlord, may engage in any type of commercial activity on the marina property or docks. Commercial activity includes, but not limited to, selling or demonstrating for sale boats or other property, performing repairs or services for such a fee charged, or carrying passengers for hire.
- If Tenant violates any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement or those posted in the marina facilities, Landlord will have the option of terminating this Agreement upon 10 days written notice to Tenant. Tenant must remove his/her boat from the marina prior to the end of the 10-day period.
- Landlord will have statutory maritime liens (state and federal) upon the boat, motor and attached equipment to secure any and all services and materials supplied to Tenant by Landlord during the term of this Agreement. This Agreement will be construed and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Tenant will not remove his/her boat from the rented storage space until all charges secured by the liens described in item 14 have been paid in full.
- Tenant agrees to reimburse Landlord for reasonable attorney fees and costs relating to a suit or other collection efforts by Landlord against Tenant to collect any amounts due under this Agreement or any amounts due and secured by the liens described in item 14 of this Agreement.
- If Tenant fails to remove in a timely manner his/her boat and equipment from the rented boat space at the termination of this Agreement, Landlord will have the option of:
- Automatically renew storage agreement from season to season at the Landlord’s prevailing rate, or
- Charging Tenant daily rent on a pro rata basis for the space occupied, or
- Taking possession of the boat and equipment and locking it to the space occupied, or
- Moving the boat and equipment to another location, or
- Pursuing any other remedy available under law.
- INSURANCE: Tenant agrees to have the watercraft covered by a full marine insurance package (hull coverage as well as indemnity and liability coverage.) Tenant agrees to release and discharge Landlord from any and all responsibility or liability for injury (including death), loss, or damage to persons or property in connection with Landlord’s facility or marina. This release and discharge will cover without limitation any loss or damage resulting from Landlord’s employees parking or hauling Tenant’s boat, vandalism, theft, fire, hail, high/low water, wind, collision, ice, rain or any other act of God.
- If Tenant fails to make his/her storage space rental payment, Landlord may use either of the remedies set forth in item 17. If Landlord chooses the remedy in item 17. (d.) Landlord may rent the space to another Tenant.
- Tenant will deliver to Landlord duplicates of all keys required to access and operate his/her boat. Landlord will enter Tenant’s boat only for periodic inspection or in the event of emergency.
- In an emergency situation, Landlord will be permitted to move Tenant’s unattended boat to a safer location if possible. Landlord will not be required to provide this service. In the event such service is provided, Tenant will be billed at Landlord’s prevailing rates for the service rendered. Tenant will be required to pay all costs incurred by Landlord on Tenant’s behalf. Tenant will indemnify and hold Landlord safe and harmless from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage caused by or resulting to Tenant’s boat due to an emergency situation.
- NO trespassing on the marina boat storage areas except for boat storage clients, family and invited guests. The boat storage area is not open to the public. Tenant is responsible for the conduct of his/her guests. All persons using the marina facilities must conform to reasonable standards of conduct and behavior, in order that all may enjoy the facilities. Violation of federal, state or local laws or regulations, failure to comply with marina rules, disorderly conduct, intoxication, the use of foul or abusive language, and like behavior will be cause for immediate dismissal of the offender and cancellation of this Agreement.
- During summer season hours, one hour after sunset, Lots 2, 3, & 4 are OFF LIMITS to everyone.
- NOBODY is to remove their boat from location without notifying the marina management first.
- Trailer jacks are required on all watercraft stored on trailers. Watercraft and trailers must be maintained in a safe and seaworthy condition.
- Car parking is in the designated areas only. In the event it is necessary to move a car or trailer in the absence of the owner, the cost of such service will be charged to the Tenant. No vehicles are allowed on lakefront ramp during operating hours. Storage clients only are permitted on lakefront ramp after marina operating hours. NO private vehicles are permitted inside any buildings.
- Have your boat ready for launch BEFORE notifying water traffic control for pick up and launch. If you are going in the water before we open or coming out after we close, you MUST notify marina management. We will put your boat and/or trailer in Lot 1 for you.
- Gas dock usage is limited to fueling your boat or holding tank pump out during operating hours. No boat will be permitted to fuel until the engine and all other machinery is down. During our busy time, limit all dock usage to 15 minutes. Do not linger on docks until after marina operating hours.
- CHILDREN and non-swimmers MUST BE SUPERVISED AROUND DOCKS AND THE RIVERFRONT AT ALL TIMES. Boat owners are responsible for seeing that children and non-swimmers wear personal floatation devices at all times when on or around the docks.
- No refueling of boats is permitted inside any building.